Operators Maintenance (Cont)
If chock was used to help position jack, tire does not
have to be clear of chock.
(6) Raise jack (1) until flat tire (4) can be removed.
One soldier should steady tire during removal. Falling
tire may cause injury.
(7) Remove 10 lugnuts (8) from studs (9). Set lugnuts aside.
If wheel chock was not used to position jack, skip step
(8) Remove wheel chock (3) and put in stowage.
(9) Using jack (1), lower vehicle until flat tire (4) is just touching ground.
(10) Soldier A tilts top of flat tire (4) forward, while Soldier B raises jack
(1) slightly. Tire should move forward.
(11) Repeat steps (9) and (10) to walk flat tire (4) off studs (9).
(12) Remove flat tire (4) and lean flat tire against vehicle.