Operators Maintenance (Cont)
3-6.1. CHANGE WHEEL AND TIRE ASSEMBLY (CONT).
(7) Hook tiedown strap (10) on hole in wheel (7) on both sides of spare
(8) Turn lever (12) counterclockwise.
(9) Remove lever (12) and holddown plate (13). Keep lever and holddown
plate for later use.
Do not let tire hang in midair for long period of time.
Place tire on carrier or on ground as soon as possible.
Tire is very heavy and could cause serious injury if it
One Soldier stands on right fender to operate tire davit
winch while other Soldier stands on ground near second
axle to guide tire assembly down.
(10) Turn handcrank (5) clockwise to lift spare tire (2) just above carrier
(11) Soldier A swings hoist arm (15) so spare tire (2) is clear of vehicle,
while Soldier B pulls on tiedown strap (10) to guide spare tire out of
(12) Soldier A turns handcrank (5) counterclockwise to lower spare tire (2)
to ground while Soldier B holds spare tire steady with tiedown strap
(13) Remove tiedown strap (10).