M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
17-11. MAST AND BUSHINGS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (CONT).
(3) Soldier A operates lifting device while Soldier B
alines and installs mast (2) and installs pin (4) through
(4) Install two lockpins (5) and spacers (6).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(5) Apply sealing and thread locking compound and
install screw (7) and washer (8).
(6) Install clamp (9), washer (10), and nut (11).
(7) Install two spacers (12), clamps (13), and screws (14).
(8) Install four hydraulic lines (15).
(9) Lower mast (2) and remove suitable lifting device.
d. Follow-on Maintenance. Install boom (para 17-10).
END OF TASK