M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Keep out from under heavy parts. Falling parts may
cause serious injury or death.
(5) Remove screw (9), washer (10), spacer (11), and
(6) Repeat step (5) for other side.
(7) Remove pin (13) enough to clear mast (1).
(8) Remove mast (1).
(9) Remove four grease fittings (14).
(10) Remove four bushings (15) from mast (1).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect each part for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Check bushing inside diameter. If diameter is larger than 2.015 in. (51.18 mm), replace bushing.
(1) Install four bushings (1) in mast (2).
(2) Install four grease fittings (3).