M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
17-11.1. MAST AND BUSHINGS REMOVAL/INSTALALLATION (M984E1) (CONT).
(7) Remove four grease fittings (12).
(8) Remove two bushings (13) from mast (1).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire
and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect each part for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Check bushing inside diameter. If diameter is larger than 2.015 in. (50.82 mm), replace bushing.
(1) Install two bushings (1) in mast (2).
(2) Install four grease fittings (3).
(3) Aline and install mast (2) on crane (4).
(4) Install pin (5), lockpin (6), and spacer (7).
(5) Apply thread locking compound and install washer (8) and screw (9).
(6) Connect four hydraulic lines (10).
(7) Install hose (11) with two clamps (12) and screws (13).
(8) Lower mast (2).
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect erection cylinder (para 17-10.1).
(2) Install boom (para 17-14.1).
END OF TASK