Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
16-17. HEAVY-DUTY WINCH BRAKE REMOVAL/REPAIR/INSTALLATION (CONT).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Apply adhesive-sealant to mating surface of adapter (1).
(2) Install brake assembly (2) with 12 lockwashers (3) and screws (4) to ring gear (5). Tighten screws
to 30 lb-ft (40.7 N.m).
(3) Apply pipe thread sealing compound and install plug (6).
(4) Install preformed packing (7), elbow (8), preformed packing (9), and elbow (10).
(5) Connect two hydraulic lines (11).
f. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Fill heavy-duty winch (LO 9-2320-279-12).
(2) Lower heavy-duty winch cover (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(3) Check operation of heavy-duty winch (TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF TASK