Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
16-6. SELF-RECOVERY WINCH COUNTERBALANCE VALVE REPAIR (CONT).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean valve cartridge and valve body in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect valve cartridge and valve body for damage.
(3) Replace all damaged parts.
(1) Install preformed packing (11) on swivel adapter (10) and install swivel adapter. Do not tighten,
(2) Coat preformed packings (8, 7, and 4) with lubricating oil.
(3) Install backup ring (9) and preformed packing (8) in top groove of valve cartridge (3).
(4) Install preformed packing (7) and backup ring (6) in middle groove of valve cartridge (3).
(5) Install backup ring (5) and preformed packing (4) in bottom groove of valve cartridge (3).
(6) Install valve cartridge (3) in counterbalance valve body (2).
(7) Install two preformed packings (1).
Follow-on Maintenance. None.
END OF TASK
16-7. SELF-RECOVERY WINCH BRAKE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.
This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Oil, lubricating, Item 46, Appendix C
Adhesive-sealant, silicone, Item 6, Appendix C
MOS 63W, Wheel vehicle repairer