Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Hub and pins of geroler are a matched set.
(13) Remove geroler (23).
(14) Remove drive (24), two seals (25
and 26), and wear plate (27).
(15) Remove shaft face seal (28) and
Remove bearing housing (19) from
Press shaft and bearing assembly (30)
from bearing housing (19).
Do not press seals out together or
bearing housing will be damaged.
(18) Remove dust seal (31) from bearing
(19) Remove shaft seal (32) from bearing
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all mating surfaces for scratches and burrs.
(3) Replace all scratched or damaged parts.
Coat shaft seal (1) and dust
seal (2) with grease.
Install shaft seal (1) in bearing
housing (3) with lip up.
Install dust seal (2) in bearing
Place bearing housing (3) in press
Press shaft and bearing
assembly (4) in bearing
Clamp bearing housing (3), shaft
end down, in vise with soft jaws.