Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(1) Remove two screws (1), lockwashers (2), and winch brake (3) from motor end support (4).
Primary sun gear may stay in spline coupling or motor end support.
(2) Remove spline coupling (5) and primary sun gear (6).
(3) Remove gasket (7).
(1) Coat spline coupling (5) with lubricating oil and install spline coupling on winch brake (3).
(2) Install primary sun gear (6).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(3) Apply silicone adhesive-sealant to both sides of gasket (7) and install.
(4) Install winch brake (3) on motor end support (4) with two screws (1) and lockwashers (2).
c. Follow-on Maintenance. Install self-recovery winch hydraulic motor (para 16-3).
END OF TASK