Suspension Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Axles not shown for clarity.
Center lifting device under center of cross tube so both equalizer beams can be
M984 equalizer beams are slightly offset. Tag or mark TOP, RIGHT, and LEFT
side before removing. Mark INSIDE of equalizer beam.
(1) Support equalizer beams (1) with suitable lifting device.
(2) Remove nut (2) and washer (3) from each end of both equalizer beams (l).
Screw will come out with inner beam end adapter.
(3) Remove two beam end adapters (4), screw (5), and washer (3) from each end of equalizer
(4) Support rear of vehicle with two jackstands.
(5) Remove four nuts (6), washers (7), and two saddle caps (8) from both sides of vehicle.
(6) Soldier A and Soldier B lower lifting device and remove equalizer beams(1) from vehicle.