National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by NIIN (National Item Identification Number)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e.:
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should
be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination that places the first letter or digit of each group in order A
through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC Column. The CAGEC is a five-digit alphanumeric code used to identify the manufacturer,
distributor, Government agency, or other entity, that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements, to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II
and Section III.
(5) ITEM Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.
a. Usable-On Code. The usable-on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading. A
usable-on code is shown as "UOC: . . . . . . ." in the Description column (justified left) on the first line after the
applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the
line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items source-coded to
be manufactured or fabricated are found in Appendix H of this manual.