Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
16-11.1. HEAVY-DUTY WINCH REPAIR (M984E1) (CONT).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for damage.
(3) Maximum inside diameter of bushings is 4.552 in. (115.62 mm).
(4) All planetary thrust washers may not be reused if thinner than 0.045 in. (1.115 mm).
(1) Install two bushings (1) and oil
seal (2) in motor end support (3).
(2) Install motor end support (3) with
screw (4), washer (5), and nut (6).
(3) Install three screws (7),
lockwashers (8), and nuts (9).
(4) Install two keys (10) in output
(5) Install output shaft (11) in
drum (12) with two
lockwashers (13) and screws (14).
(6) Install drum (12) in motor end