Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(34) Remove retaining ring (51) from third
planetary carrier assembly (50).
and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin-and clothing To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for damage.
(3) Bushing must be replaced if inside diameter is 1.04 in. (26.42 mm) or greater.
(4) Maximum clearance between bushing and shifter shaft is 0.007 in. (0.178 mm).
(5) Minimum thickness of shifter wear surface is 0.25 in. (6.35 mm).
(6) Replace damaged parts.
(1) Install retaining ring (1) in output end of third
planetary carrier assembly (2).