Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(25) Install primary carrier assembly (28) on input shaft (23).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(26) Apply silicone adhesive-sealant to both mounting surfaces of ring gear (29) and install.
(27) Soldier A installs primary sun gear (30) while Soldier B turns winch drum (22) with crowbar in
winch cable slot.
(28) Apply silicone adhesive-sealant to both mounting surfaces of gear end housing (31) and install
with 12 screws (32) and lockwashers (33).
(29) Install drive sleeve (34).
(30) Soldier A alines drive hub (35) with slots on primary carrier assembly (28) and installs drive hub
on drive sleeve (34) while Soldier B turns winch drum (32) with crowbar in winch cable slot.
(31) Install bushing (36) on shifter shaft (37).
(32) Install detent ball compression tool on shifter shaft (37) and aline holes.