Adhesives, solvents, and sealing
Air System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent,
or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and
on air lines (7).
(2) Apply pipe thread sealing compound to
threads of two connectors (5).
(3) Install two connectors and glad hands (6)
(4) Install two glad hands (6) on hose support (2).
c . F o l l o w - o n M a i n t e n a n c e.
(1) Start engine and build up air pressure to 120-125 psi (827-862 kPa) (TM 9-2320279-10).
(2) Check connections for air leaks.
(3) Shut off engine (TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF TASK