Brake and Air System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
a . R e m o v a l .
Mark position of red and blue hoses.
(1) Remove two hoses (1) from fittings (2).
(2) Thread two hoses (1) through support ring (3).
b . I n s t a l l a t i o n .
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Thread two hoses (1) through support ring (3).
(2) Coat two fittings (2) with pipe thread sealing compound and install two hoses (1) on fittings.
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(3) Install glad hands (para 11-41).
(4) Start engine and build up air pressure to 120-125 psi (827-862 kPa) (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(5) Check connections for air leaks.
(6) Shut off engine (TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF TASK