F-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION (continued).
c. Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source-coded to be assembled from component
spare/repair parts are found in Appendix H. Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately following the
assembly item entry, or reference is made to an applicable figure.
Kits. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in Section II (see Table of Contents).
e. Index Numbers. Items that have the word BULK in the figure-number column will have an index number
shown in the item-number column. This index number is furnished for use as a cross-reference between the National
Stock Number/Part Number Index and the bulk material list in Section II.
f. Associated Publications. The publications listed below pertain to the Common Bridge Transporter and its
Heavy Expanded Mobility
Tactical Trucks Manuals
Palletized Load System (PLS) Manuals
When NSN or Part Number Is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the Table of Contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary because figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the line-item entry for the item number noted on
When NSN or Part Number Is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number Index or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent NSN or part
number. The NSN index is in NIIN (see para F-4a) sequence. The part numbers in the Part Number Index are listed in
ascending alphanumeric sequence. Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the
item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item numbers, verify that the item is the one you are looking for; then
locate the item number in the Repair Parts List for the figure.
For standard abbreviations see MIL-STD-12, Military Standard Abbreviations for Use on Drawings, Specifications,
Standards, and in Technical Documents.