5-14. SLAVE QUICK CONNECT COUPLING AND BRACKET REPLACEMENT
(MODEL A ONLY).
This task covers:
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Tag, Identification (as required) (Item 23, Appendix E)
Pan, Drain, 4 gallon (MIL-P-45819)
Wrench, Combination, 1/12 in (A-A-1358)
Wrench, Combination, 2-in. (GGG-W-636)
Wrench, Open End, 1-5/8 in. (A-A-1356)
Wheels chocked (TM 9-2320-279-10)
Engine turned off (TM 9-2320-279-10)
Cap and plug all hoses upon removal.
Position drain pan under hoses to catch excess oil
Tag and mark hoses upon removal to ensure proper installation.
Disconnect two quick connect couplings
2) from quick connect couplings
(2) Remove two quick connect couplings
2) and O-rings (5) from hoses
7). Discard O-rings.
(3) Remove two hoses (8 and 9) from fittings (10).
(4) Remove two quick connect couplings
4) and O-rings (5) from adapters (11). Discard O-rings.
(5) Remove two adapters (11) from fittings (10).
(6) Remove two nuts (12) and fittings (10) from bracket (13).
(7) Remove two locknuts (14), screws (15), and bracket (13) from vehicle (16). Discard locknuts.