M978 Tanker Maintenance Procedure Instructions (Cont)
22-13. V4 BYPASS/PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE REPAIR (CONT).
(3) Install seat (9) and sight rod assembly (10) in relief valve (11).
(4) Install seat (12) in relief valve cover (13).
(5) Position spring (14) on sight rod assembly (10) and install relief
valve cover (13) on relief valve (11) with eight screws (15).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire
and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately
with soap and water.
(6) Coat threads of adapter (16) with pipe thread sealing
compound and install in relief valve cover (13).
(7) Install gasket (17) and screw (18) in housing (19).
(8) Install gasket (20), glass tube (21), gasket (20), and
housing (19) on adapter (16).