M978 Tanker Maintenance Procedure Instructions (Cont)
(3) Install cam (7) in valve body (8).
(4) Install camshaft assembly (9) in valve body (8)
and install cam (7) on camshaft assembly.
(5) Install retaining ring (10).
Adhesives, solvents, and
sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid
injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap
(6) Apply thread locking compound on threads of valve stem (11).
(7) Install disk holder (12), disk (13), and disk nut (14) on valve stem (11).
(8) Install spring (15) and bonnet (16) on valve stem (11).
Make sure bonnet assembly is secure in
clamping device before compressing spring. If
bonnet assembly slips from clamping device
while spring is compressed, injury to
personnel can result.
(9) Install bonnet assembly (17) and disk
assembly (18) in suitable clamping device
and compress spring (15).