M978 Tanker Maintenance Procedures Instructions (Cont)
(3) Note position and remove two screws (8) from valve
(4) Remove two screws (10) and baffle (11).
(5) Remove float (12) from housing (13).
(6) Remove two nuts (14), lockwashers (15), reed clips (16), and
valve reeds (9) from float (17).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire
and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment, goggles,
shield, and gloves.
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect each part for damage.
(4) Replace damaged parts.