M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
17-39. OUTRIGGER EXTENSION CYLINDER REPAIR.
This task covers:
d. Follow-on Maintenance
TM or Para
Outrigger extension cylinder
on clean work surface.
Special Environmental Conditions
Compound, sealing and thread locking,
Item 25, Appendix C
Solvent, dry cleaning, Item 57, Appendix C
General Safety Instructions
MOS 63W, Wheel vehicle repairer
Level of Maintenance
Left and right cylinder ends are
disassembled the same way.
l Seal is a two piece assembly.
(1) Remove setscrew (1), retaining
ring (2), and seal (3) from rod (4).
(2) Remove wiper ring (5) from retaining ring (2).
(3) Remove rod assembly (4) from cylinder (6).
(4) Remove head (7) from rod (4).
(5) Remove preformed packing (8),
backup ring (9), and wear ring (10)
from head (7).