M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions
17-36.2. OUTRIGGER LEG CYLINDER REPAIR (M984E1) (CONT).
(11) Remove four wear rings (
(12) Remove setscrew (22) and
18), two backup rings (19), and preformed packing (20) from
piston (21) from rod (17).
(13) Remove two backup rings (23) and preformed packing (24) from piston (21).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent,
or sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi. Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment
(goggles/shield, gloves, etc.).
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect each part for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Replace all wear rings and backup rings.
(1) Install two backup rings (1) and preformed
packing (2) in piston (3).
(2) Install piston (3) and setscrew (4) on rod (5).
(3) Install four wear rings (6), preformed packing (7),
and two backup rings (8) on piston (3).