M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(9) Remove seven plugs (22) and preformed packings (23) from valve body (24).
(10) Remove two fittings (25), preformed packings (26), fitting (27), and preformed packing (28).
(11) Remove fitting (29), preformed packing (30), elbow (31), and preformed packing (32).
A standard 4-40x2 screw will thread into the end of the shuttle valves to aid in
Valves may separate. Replace valve if separated.
Preformed packings and backup ring may stay in body.
(12) Remove plug (33), preformed packing (34), shuttle valve (35), two preformed packings (36), and
backup ring (37).
(13) Repeat step (13) for other three shuttle valves.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
Clean all- metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
Inspect each part for damage. -
Replace damaged parts.
Replace centering spring if under 0.940 in. (23.0 mm).