M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
17-24. HOIST BRAKE REMOVAL/REPAIR/INSTALLATION (CONT).
(14) Remove preformed packing (32), retaining ring (33),
and bearing (34) from end cap (20).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect each part for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Check stators for wear. If stator is under 0.064 in.
(1.62 mm) thick, replace stator.
(5) Check disc for wear. If disc is under 0.057 in. (1.44 mm) thick, replace disc.
(1) Install bearing (1), retaining ring (2), and preformed
packing (3) in end cap (4).
(2) Install preformed packing (5) on piston (6).
(3) Install piston (6) and six springs (7) on end cap (4).
1 7 - 1 10