M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
17-13.1. EXTENSION TWO AND WEAR PADS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (M984E1 ) (CONT).
(7) Remove two screws (12) and wear pads (13) from
extension two (11).
b. Cleaning Inspection.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect each part for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Check wear pad thickness. If wear pad is below 0.250 in. (6.35 mm), replace wear pads.
(1) Apply thread locking compound to screws (1) and
install two wear pads (2) on extension two (3).
(2) Install extension two (3) in boom (4).