M977, M985, and M984E1 Crane Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect each part for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Inspect wear pad thickness. If wear pad is under 0.250 in. (6.35 mm) replace pad.
(1) Install two wear pads (1).
(2) Apply sealing and thread locking compound and
install two screws (2).
(3) Soldier A and Soldier B attach suitable lifting
device and install extension one (3) in extension