Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
16-10.2. HEAVY DUTY WINCH AND BRACKETS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (CONT).
Left and right brackets are removed the same way.
(5) Soldier A removes four screws (10) while Soldier
B removes nuts (11).
(6) Remove bracket (8).
(7) Remove grease fitting (12) and bearing (13) from
Left and right brackets are installed the same way.
(1) Install bearing (1) and grease fitting (2) in
(2) Soldier A installs and holds bracket (3) and four
screws (4) while Soldier B installs four nuts (5).
Keep out from under heavy parts. Make sure lifting strap is around center of
balance of part being moved. Falling parts may cause serious injury or death.
(3) Soldier A guides winch (6) into position on vehicle while Soldier B operates lifting device.
(4) Aline mounting lugs and install three pins (7) in two brackets (3) and bracket (8) with quick