Winch Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
16-10.1. HEAVY-DUTY WINCH CABLE SHEAVE REMOVAL/REPAIR/INSTALLATION (CONT).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Replace bushing when any part of bushing oil groove is worn smooth.
(1) Install bushing (1) in sheave (2).
(2) Install sheave (2) in cable guide (3) with
pin (4) and cotter pin (5).
(1) While Soldier A installs six screws (1), Soldier B
holds nuts (2). Soldier B installs two plates (3) and