Cab and Body Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
15-6. STATIC GROUND REEL REPAIR (M978) (CONT).
Matchmark reel drum and back disk
assembly before removal.
(22) Remove five screws (36) and reel
drum (37) from back disk assembly (19).
(23) Remove six rivets (38) and washer (39).
Both cable clamps are removed the same
(24) Remove screw (40) and cable clamp (41).
(25) Remove cable terminal (42), rubber
bumper (43), and cable guide (3) from
coated cable (25).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal components of static ground reel with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for damage and replace damaged parts as necessary.
(3) Inspect cable clamp for proper operation.
(4) Inspect coated cable for kinks and broken strands.