Use center bushing removing adapter to press
beam center bushing (5) out of equalizer
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Clean equalizer beam bushing bores with emery cloth or cylinder hone to remove all corrosion.
(3) Inspect equalizer beam for cracks and damage.
(4) Replace equalizer beam if cracked or damaged.
(5) Inspect cross tube for bends and breaks. Replace cross tube if bent or broken.
(1) Lubricate two beam end bushings (1),
beam center bushing (2), and three bores
of equalizer beam (3) with grease.