Frame Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(6) Remove four nuts (10), lockwashers (11), two adjusting plates (12), and shims (13) from
compensator bracket (2).
There are 10 grease fittings on 3.5-inch (89 mm) fifth wheel bracket and eight
grease fittings on 2-inch (51 mm) fifth wheel bracket.
(7) Remove grease fittings (14) from compensator bracket (2).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect both edges of each shoe (1), Edge thickness
must be 0.3-in. (7 mm) or greater. If less, replace shoe.
(3) Inspect all parts for damage.
(4) Replace all damaged parts.
0.3 INCH OR MORE