Frame Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(1) Soldier A and Soldier B rotate rear of plate assembly (1) upward.
(2) Remove cotter pin (2) and nut (3).
(3) Move screw (4) halfway through plate (5) and shoe (6). Repeat same procedure for opposite side.
Plate assembly must have balanced support. Do not lift plate assembly more than
necessary to remove screw. Plate assembly can jam on removal if not balanced.
(4) Attach suit able lifting device to support plate assembly (1).
(5) Remove screws (4) from both sides of plate (5).
(6) Soldier A operates lifting device and removes plate assembly (1) guided by Soldier B.
(7) Remove lifting device from plate assembly (1).
(1) Attach suitable lifting device to plate assembly.
(2) Soldier A operates lifting device and moves plate assembly (1) over compensator assemlby (7) .
guided by Soldier B.
(3) Soldier A operates lifting device while Soldier B alines shoes (6) with slots on both sides of
(4 ) Install two screws (4) through plate (5) and shoes (6).
(5) Install two nuts (3) on screws (4).
(6) Secure nuts (3) ith two cotter pins (2) through screws (4)..
(7) Remove lifting device from plate assembly.
c. Follow-on Maintenance. Lubricate fifth wheel (LO 9-2320-279-12).
END OF TASK