Frame Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
1 3 - 2 5 .
PUMP SUPPORT ASSEMBLY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (M978) (CONT).
W A R N I N G
Fuel is very flammable and can explode easily. To avoid serious injury or death
keep fuel away from open fire and keep fire extinguisher within easy reach when
working with fuel. Do not work on fuel system when engine is hot. Fuel can be
ignited by hot engine. When working with fuel, post signs that read NO
SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET of vehicle.
(1) Support hydraulic fuel pump (1) with suitable device.
(2) Remove four nuts (2), lockwashers (3), and screws (4).
(3) Remove four locknuts (5), screws (6), and pump support (7).
(4) Remove two nuts (8) lockwashers (9), and screws (10).
(5) Remove two locknuts (11), screws (12), and support (13).