Frame Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
If crossmember is held tight between gussets, loosen gusset locknuts to remove
(4) Remove crossmember (6) from gussets (10).
It may be necessary to loosen locknuts on gussets for installation of crossmember.
(1) Soldier A and Soldier B position crossmember (6) in gussets (10).
Install hose clips and plastic ties as required. Tighten all loose locknuts.
(2) Soldier A and Soldier B install 16 screws (8), two brackets (9), and 16 locknuts (7).
(3) Install two clamps (4), screws (3), lockwashers (2), and nuts (1).
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(I) Install No. 4 air reservoir (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(2) Install battery box (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(3) Install propeller shaft between transfer case and No. 2 axle (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(4) Install No. 1 air manifold (TM 9-2320-279-20).
END OF TASK
13-15. FRONT INTERMEDIATE GUSSETS REMOVAL/lNSTALLATlON (M983).
This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
MOS 63W, Wheel vehicle repairer (2)
TM or Para
Shut off engine.
Special Environmental conditions
General Safety Instructions
Level of Maintenance