FRONT TANDEM GUSSETS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (CONT).
a. Lower Left Gusset Removed.
W A R N I N G
Do not remove upper and lower gussets at the same time. If both gussets are
removed, slave steering gear will fall and cause serious personal injury.
Remove hose brackets, clips, and plastic cable ties as required.
(1) Soldier A and Soldier B remove 24 locknuts (1), screws (2), and three spacers (3, 4, and 5).
(2) Remove two locknuts (6) and screws (7).
(3) Remove locknut (8) and screw (9).
(4) Remove lower left gusset (10) and two spacers (11 and 12).
b. Lower Left Gusset Installation.
If upper left gusset is to be removed, do not install spacers on inside of gussets
until upper left gusset is installed.
(1) Soldier A and Soldier B install lower left gusset (10) and three spacers (3, 4, and 5) with
24 screws (2) and locknuts (1).
(2) Install spacer (12), two screws (7), and locknuts (6).
Install hose brackets, clips, and plastic cable ties as required.
(3) Install spacer (11), screw (9) and locknut (8).