Steering System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(1) Install preformed packing (1) and fitting (2).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(2) Apply pipe thread sealing compound to elbows (3
and 4) and install on steering pump (5).
(3) Coat both surfaces of gasket (6) with silicone
adhesive-sealant and install on steering pump (5).
(4) Install gasket (7), coupling
(8), plate (9), lockwashers
(10), and five screws (11).
(5) Aline gears and install
steering pump (5) with two
screws (12) and
(6) Connect hoses (14, 15,
f. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Fill hydraulic reservoir (LO 9-2320-279-12).
(2) Start engine and turn steering wheel stop-to-stop three times to bleed air out of system
END OF TASK