Steering System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect and replace damaged parts.
(3) Coat all parts with lubricating oil.
(1) Install key (1) on shaft (2).
(2) Press gear (3) and bearing (4) onto shaft (2).
(3) Install retaining ring (5).
(4) Press seal (6) into body (7).
(5) Press shaft (8) into body (7).
(6) Install retaining ring (9).
(7) Install lockwasher (10) and nut (11).