Steering System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Measure inside diameter of bearing (34). If bearing is more
than 0.010 in. (0.25 mm) out of round, do step, (24).
Remove bearing (34) from housing cover (9).
Measure inside diameter of bearing (35). If
bearing is more than 0.010 in. (0.25 mm) out
of round, do step (26).
Remove bearing (35) from housing (4).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can
burn easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are
harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or
death, keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash
immediately with soap and water.
Dirt and foreign material in steering system will cause damage and steering
problems. Clean machined parts individually to avoid damage due to bumping
(1) Clean metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect parts for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(4) Coat all parts with light coating of lubricating oil.
(1) Remove all small nicks and burrs.
(2) Polish minor scoring to allow free movement of mating parts.
(3) Coat all parts with light coating of lubricating oil.
(1) Install bearing (1) flush with inner face of
(2) Coat inner surface of bearing (1) with grease.