Brake System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(7) Remove retaining ring (12), valve retainer (13), valve
seal (14), and preformed packings (15 and 16) from
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire
and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect seat in body for damage.
(3) Check spring for distortion.
(4) Replace damaged parts.
(6) Remove screw (8), washer (9), and diaphragm (10) from
(1) Install valve seal (1) on plunger (2).
(Z) Install valve retainer (3) over valve seal (l).
(3) Install retaining ring (4) beneath valve retainer (3).
(4) Coat two preformed packings (5 and 6) with lubricating oil
and install in two grooves (7) on plunger (2).