Brake System Maintenance Instructions (Cent)
11-8. CHECK VALVE REPAIR.
his task covers:
d. Follow-on Maintenance
TM or Para
Check valve on clean work
Special Environmental Conditions
Solvent, dry cleaning, Item 57, Appendix C
General Safety Instructions
MOS 63W, Wheel vehicle repairer
Level of Maintenance
This task covers repair of Throttle Air Solenoid Check Valve, Front Double Check
Valves, and Transfer Case Lockup Valve.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can
give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing To
avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect body and cap for damage.
(3) Replace damaged parts.
(1) Remove two screws (l), washer (2), and tags (3 and 4) from
(2) Remove cap (5) from body (6).
(3) Remove valve (7) and guide (8) from body (6).
(4) Remove preformed packing (9) from cap (5).
(1) Install preformed packing (9) in cap (5).
(2) Install guide (8) and valve (7) in body (6).
(3) Install cap (5) on body (6) with screw (l), tag (4), screw (l), washer (2), and tag (3).
cf. Follow-on Maintenance. None.
END OF TASK