Brake System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
11-5. BRAKE RELAY VALVE REPAIR (CONT).
(1) Remove retaining ring (1) while holding down exhaust cover
(2) Allow exhaust cover assembly (2) to rise slowly until spring (3) is
(3) Remove exhaust cover assembly (2) and preformed packings (4
and 5) from exhaust cover assembly.
(4) Remove spring (3), inlet/exhaust valve (6), and valve retainer (7)
from body (8).
(5) Matchmark cover (9) and body (8).
Rear relay valve will not have mounting bracket attached.
(6) Mount unit in vise with soft jaws. Remove four screws (JO),
lockwashers (11), mounting bracket (12), cover (9), and sealing
(7) Remove piston (14) and preformed packing (15) from body (8).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can bum easily, can give
off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid
injury or death, keep away from open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for damage, cracks, breaks, or deterioration.
(3) Replace unserviceable parts.