Axles No. 1 and No. 2 Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
Apply silicone adhesive-sealant to inner sides of seal retainer halves (35) and six screws (36).
Apply silicone adhesive-sealant between seal retainer halves (35).
Aline seal retainer halves (35) and install six lockwashers (37) and screws (36).
Tighten six screws (36) to 25 lb-ft (34 N·m).
Install steering stop bolt (38) and nut (39) to same measurement as recorded during removal.
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install axle shaft assembly (para 9-2).
(2) Install slack adjuster and camshaft (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(3) Install brake chamber (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(4) Install tie rod (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(5) Install steering arm (TM 9-2320-279-20).
(6) Install wheel and tire assembly (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(7) Lubricate axle (LO 9-2320-279-12).
END OF TASK