Axles No. 1 and No. 2 Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(4) Remove bearing sleeve (7).
(1) Remove pipe plug (1) and magnetic plug (2) from
(2) Remove retaining ring (4).
(3) Remove roller bearing (5).
W A R N I NG
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn
easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
W A R N I N G
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment, goggles,
shield, and gloves.
(2) Dry metal parts, except bearings, with compressed air.
(3) Allow bearings to air dry.
(4) Inspect metal parts for breaks, cracks, and sharp edges.
(5) Inspect machined parts for nicks and burrs.
(6) Inspect bearings for loose rollers and cracked or broken races.
(7) Coat bearing with lubricating oil.
(8) Inspect dowel pins and mounting studs for cracks, breaks, and damaged threads.
(9) Replace all damaged parts.
(1) Pack roller bearing (5) with grease and install in cover (3).
(2) Install retaining ring (4).
(3) Install magnetic plug (2) and pipe plug (1).