Transfer Case Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(1) Place lower rear output shaft assembly (1) in
press with supports under gear (2).
(2) Press lower rear output shaft (1) out of
bearing cone (3), spacer (4), and gear (2).
(3) Turn lower rear output shaft (1) over and press out of
bearing cone (6).
W A R N I NG
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and
clothing. lb avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire
and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear or damage.
(3) Remove all nicks and burrs from machined surfaces.
(4) Replace all worn or damaged parts.
(1) Place lower rear output shaft (1) on clean work surface and
install spacer (2).
(2) Press bearing cone (3) on lower rear output shaft (1) and seat
against spacer (2).
(3) Coat bearing cone (3) with grease.