Transfer Case Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(25) Remove three bearing cups (54) from transfer case rear half (25) and two bearing cups from
transfer case front half (10).
(26) Remove six screws (55), lockwashers (56), and upper end cap (57).
W A R N I N G
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Clean all sealing surfaces.
(3) Inspect all machined surfaces for damage.
(4) Inspect both case halves for cracks or damage.
(5) Inspect all threads for peeled or crossed condition.
(6) Replace all oil seals and damaged parts.