Transmission Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
7-15. FORWARD CLUTCH ASSEMBLY REMOVAL/REPAlR/lNSTALLATlON (CONT).
Coat all parts with lubricating oil before installation.
(1) Place collector ring installer in press.
(2) Install forward clutch assembly (1) on collector ring installer.
(3) Install retaining ring (2) in groove (3) on outside of forward
clutch assembly (1).
Wear heat-resistant gloves to prevent burning hands when
handling hot PTO gear.
(4) Heat PTO gear (4) in oven or oil bath to 350° to 375° F
(1770 to 191%).
Install PTO gear with beveled side of inner teeth down.
(5) Carefully place PTO gear (4) on forward clutch assembly (1).
(6) Install PTO gear removal fixture on forward clutch assembly (1).
(7) Press PTO gear (4) on forward clutch assembly (1) until retaining ring (2) expands in groove (5)
inside PTO gear.