M978 Tanker Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
25-29. V16 AUXILIARY PUMP CHECK VALVE REMOVAL/REPAIR/INSTALLATION (CONT).
(1) Remove cap (1) and spring (2) from valve body (3).
(2) Remove spring (2) from cap (1).
(3) Remove disk assembly (4) from bearing (5).
(4) Remove bearing (5) from valve body (3).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give
off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid
injury or death, keep away from open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi
(207 kPa). Use only with effective chip guarding and personal
protective equipment, goggles, shield, and gloves.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect all metal parts for bends, breaks, cracks, and sharp edges.
(4) Inspect spring for cracks and distortion.
(5) Replace damaged parts.
(1) Lubricate bearing (1) with oil and install in valve body (2).
(2) Install disk assembly (3) in bearing (1).
(3) Install spring (4) on cap (5).
(4) Install cap (5) on valve body (2).