M978 Tanker Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(1) Remove cap (1) and spring (2) from valve body (3).
(2) Remove spring (2) from cap (1).
(3) Remove disk assembly (4) from bearing (5).
(4) Remove bearing (5) from valve body (3).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent,
or sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa).
Use only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment,
goggles, shield, and gloves.
Dry metal parts with compressed air.
Inspect all metal parts for bends, breaks, cracks, and sharp edges.
Inspect spring for cracks and distortion.
Replace damaged parts.
(1) Lubricate bearing (1) with oil and install in valve body (2).
(2) Install disk assembly (3) in bearing (1).
(3) Install spring (4) on cap (5).
(4) Install cap (5) on valve body (2).