M978 Tanker Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
25-15. EMERGENCY VALVE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY
(1) Remove locknut (1), screw (2),
and bracket (3) from frame (4).
(2) Remove spring pin (5), shaft (6),
lever (7), two spacers (8), and
trip bar (9) from frame (4).
(3) Remove cotter pin (10), pin (11),
and offset link (12) from
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing
compounds can burn easily, can
give off harmful vapors, and are
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive,
solvent, or sealing compound gets
on skin or clothing, wash
immediately with soap and water.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment, goggles,
shield, and gloves.
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect each part for damage.
(4) Replace damaged parts.